Friday, November 18, 2011

Office Sunshine

Our office is staring to look a lot more happy! :)
Tyler spends alot of time in the office so he had the last say in what color to go with and his finally choice is... Baby Buttercup!
The bathroom also got the same color, and boy is it bright in there! So here are a few before photos

Lovely border right?
Here are some pictures with the border gone and boxes finally cleaned up. On the wall is a few paint swatches I was thinking green or yellow and I'm glad we went with the yellow.

Thankfully the wallpaper came off very easy! I peeled it off and it came down in 3 stripes but the glue was still on the wall. As you can see in the last few shots. So I grab a plastic scraper from lowes, plastic allowed me not to hurt the walls like the other paint scrapper did. Then I look a squirt bottle filled with water and sprayed a section and it came right off! I'm hoping the upstairs border comes off just as easy!

Mom came over and helped and she did a great job! She's officially hired with no pay :)
She was a rolling fool and had the room done by the time I was finished cutting corners!
Then it was on to the tiny bathroom!



Yeah its a bright yellow!
(this picture doesn't show the right yellow cause i look it on my phone, but its my favorite!)

I'm so glad that it only took 1 coat to cover! So we knocked this out in a less than 6 hours and had the office looking back to normal by the time Tyler got home!

And here is how it looks today!


Finally got a few thing hung up on the walls. And the desk is my favorite:) Got some old doors from my dad and stumbled upon the legs when we went junk shopping in manhattan with Caleb & Priscilla.
We still plan on putting another door desk up against the other wall so I can have a place to keep my computer and craft stuff. We are just about to wrap up framing the bathroom mirror so I'll post on how that turns out, so far its looking good. :)

xoxo ~r

No comments:

Post a Comment